This website will offer access to current information about
emergencies at UAF. During an emergency or crisis, information may be
provided in several ways:
- Text messages to your cell phone via Blackboard Connect.
- Alertus computer desktop message
- Alertus emergency alert beacons
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/uafairbanks
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/uafairbanks
- UAF's online emergency information site: uafalert.alaska.edu
- Local news radio and/or
- Telephone text and voice messages
- Verbal updates from building coordinators
- UAF recorded hotline
- View the UAF policy on emergency campus closures here.
- Refer reporters to UAF public affairs staff or designated
for information in an emergency:
- Marmian Grimes, UAF public information officer, 907-474-7902 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UAF Marketing and Communications, 907-474-6281.
Seconds count. Take a few seconds to review the Emergency Response Guide. It's information that could
save your life.
In addition, the following resources offer specific safety
community emergency contacts
Unsafe condition, accident or injury reporting
IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT COMPLETE THIS REPORT AT THIS TIME.
You can report any of the following incidents:
- UA Employee Injuries
- Non-Employee Injuries (Including Students)
- Unsafe Conditions
- Damaged Property
- Damaged Vehicles
Employees and students
Students and employees can click this button to visit UAOnline and update their information. After logging in, click "Personal Information" and then "Manage your address, email and phone information."
Please make sure you enter a cell phone number in the correct field to receive text messages about emergencies and extreme weather affecting campus.
Various local public safety agencies also share emergency information via Nixle. To sign up to receive real-time emergency alerts, important advisories, community updates and traffic information via the web, e-mail or text to your cell phone visit http://local.nixle.com/register/