- If you don't have Visual C++ Express Edition (VCEE), download and install VCEE.
- The default install of Visual C++ Express Edition builds for the .Net
platform. We'll need to build for the Windows platform since OpenGL and GLUT are
not yet fully supported under .Net. For this we need the Microsoft Platform SDK.
(If you're using an older version of VCEE, download and install the Microsoft Platform SDK. Visual C++ Express Edition will need to
be configured to build for Windows platform. All these instructions are
- If you don't have GLUT, download and unzip Nate Robin's Windows port of
- Add glut.h to your Platform SDK/include/GL/
- Link the project with glut.lib. (Go to VCEE Project
Properties -> Additional Linker Directories and add the directory which
- Add glut.dll to the Windows/System32 directory, so
that all programs using GLUT can find it at runtime.