NGUYEN THANH PHUONG
Academic title: Professor of Aquaculture and Fisheries (2013)
- Vice-rector of Can Tho University
- National Parliament member (2011-2016) (Member of Committee for Science, Technology and Environment)
- Bachelor of Sciences in Aquaculture, Can Tho University (1986)
- Master of Sciences in Aquaculture, Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand (1992)
- Doctor of Agricultural Sciences (specialized in Aquaculture) Institut Nationale Polytechnique de Toulouse, France (1998)
- A Professor in Aquacuture and Fisheries of the College of Aquaculture and Fisheries, Can Tho University, Viet Nam with more than 27 years working in the field of aquaculture and fisheries.
- Coordinator of more than 25 projects with different disciplines and consultant for international and local projects conducted in Viet Nam, especially in the Mekong Delta.
- Author and co-author more than 150 papers published in national and international peer reviewed journals, conference proceedings; and 8 English book chapters; and 3 Vietnamese text books.