AIS Council Meeting Agenda
March 12, 2009 (Started 3:23 p.m. - Ended 4:50 p.m.)
10 Attendees: Mr. Burke, Mr. Jay, Mrs. Burke, Ms. Kaori, Ms. Myrna, Ms. Yuzawa, Ms. Baba, Ms. Tasaki, Ms. Campbell, Ms. Hirakawa, Ms. Keiko and Ms. Claire
Facilitator: Mr. Jay
Friday afternoon - div. 1 & div. 2 - under the teacherʼs supervision
Hire 2 MIP teachers for the event on March 28 - for little children from 11:00 to 4 p.m.
Setting up on March 28 - take your child to K3
Clean up concerns
How many will be here for cleaning up?
AIS uniform possibility for elementary and kindergarten - S.Y. 2009-2010
- uniform committee: Ms. Tasaki, Ms. Hull, Ms. Shimamura & Ms. Uotanie
- met two possible suppliers
- principal talked with several kindergarten and elementary parents
- solution - semi-uniform, flexibility, considering all the comments of the majority
- some kindergarten parents have said, “ We want uniforms, too!”
- cost efficient, easy to move, clean, dry and a semi-uniform
Sponsors for YEARBOOK:
- full page sponsor/supporter page
- half page and 1/4 page
- Genesis is working on this, and it will be finalized by April
- Prizes for the pages - to be decided/discussed by the PR/Fundraising committee
* with all the information needed - logo, pictures, address, and map
Parking lot usage:
- from March 1st, two thirds is taken back by Hyogo Prefecture
- Raffle-Bazaar event will be pulled towards the PARKING LOT PROJECT
- Fundraise for the parking lot, “Dinner-dance party”
- is ideal and K5 friends who would like to try elementary education
- POLICY CHANGE for Elementary Registration Fee (Proposal)
- it gives an opportunity for kindergarten students to try elementary
*11 out of 13 members agreed/accepted the proposed POLICY Change for Elementary Registration Fee (Effective APRIL 1, 2009)
2 other companies to provide lunch for the reason of the current lunch provider is out health balance
1. Students transferring out
- if people decide to leave, the school does not stop them, but, the school need to know why are they leaving, for it does help the schoolʼs growth.
At Easter, give them certificate of registration but, it is not a diploma.
2. CHANGES from April 2009
New teacher in Elementary - Enrique Diez from Spain who studied in Australia - P.E. Mathematics, ESL (3 days of Mathematics within a week that frees up Mr. Dave - for curriculum, media, art, video clip, website, & new school brochure
New teacher in Nursery - Ms. Kayoko Nishimura
For summer school, Ms. Emi has been coming for the last 4 years, she is bringing two other families in her church, coming with a volunteer heart - 3 mothers and 7 children
Nursery will be led by Ms. Ruby, Kayoko, Kyle
Next Meeting: April 16, 2009 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:50 p.m.