The next telecon of the Semantics WG will be on May, 5th @ 13.30 UTC. We'll be using the Adobe Connect facilities, which should allow for a better performance w.r.t. DimDim. It only requires a browser with Flash plugin, you can check your browser support in advance by the following page:
Address of the meeting room:
The agenda will cover the following topics:
- Detailing of the general work flow associated with thesauri management:
- Creation, maintenance, and governance of thesauri;
- annotation of resource descriptions using thesauri;
- exploitation of annotations in data and service discovery;
- linkage of terms from independent thesauri.
- Discussion on the tools available for accomplishing item 1. in the list
- Contributions by WG thematic participants (i.e., available ontologies/thesauri) and discussion on how to integrate them in a common framework
- Contributions by the User Requirements Registry (URR).
- Example on annotating ISO metadata (issue raised by the end2end WG): The INSPIRE metadata approach.