posted Apr 15, 2010, 8:29 AM by Nadine Alameh
updated Apr 19, 2010, 8:07 AM by Joshua Lieberman
- Follow up on metadata and catalogs
- Linking data to services and vice-versa
- To some extent the ISO Application Profile tries to address this
- Issue of man-to-many service-data relationships remains
- Path may be a better practice of "fine-grained" service offering description, such as a link / description of a layer in a WMS or a feature collection in WFS.
- Can the clearinghouse synthesize service calls corresponding to discovery queries?
- Nadine - can we get confirmation of how and whether these relationships are important to the specific groups and scenarios? Plenary topic.
- Also an issue that clearinghouses harvest "everything" from a registered community catalog. If the registration were more catalog specific, it could include, e.g. how to harvest just the GEOSS-specific records. Combination of "GEOSS" keyword and availability of GEOSS common record. Plenary topic.
- Refinement and usage of scenario template
- Methodology for working with scenario groups on incorporating use cases
- Do we need to move toward some "concrete - final" use cases for broader interoperability?
- Larry - this is particularly relevant to developing an information viewpoint with shareable data types and framework data.
- Josh - Need to distinguish the concrete from the still-abstract parts and communicate that in the scenario development methodology.
- Nadine - propose to plenary that we have two weeks to decide on a couple of concrete use cases, so groups must weigh in on this.
- E.g. register a community catalog offering GEOSS Common Record elements. Offer one or more fine-grained service access / description elements for each offered dataset resource.
- Additional question - what concrete datatype and/or dataset will be shared between scenarios.
- Another plenary - Capture users, document their requirements and strategies.
- Plenary question - schedule a methodology topic in each group telecon, or ad hoc methodology telecon?
- Update on User Type Taxonomy
- Nadine - what we have is all there is for now. Not really enough information to work from yet.
- Steve - Does UIC want technical assistance here?
- Josh - provision for providers is still weak. We really need the input from the scenario groups on their user categories, definitions, common terms.
- Reporting progress to plenary
- Other topics from WG leaders?
- Topics for next telecon
- Josh Lieberman, Nadine Alameh, Erin Robinson, Steve Browdy, Larry McGovern, Herve Caumont, Masahiko Nagai,