posted Apr 12, 2010, 7:06 AM by Joshua Lieberman
updated Apr 15, 2010, 8:28 AM by Nadine Alameh
- Follow up on GEOSS Common Record discussion: GEOSS Record Fields
- How to setup community catalog (question from Energy)
- Strategy for links in metadata, for data access, and in the BP Wiki
- Refinement and usage of the scenario template: http://sites.google.com/a/aip3.ogcnetwork.net/home/home/scenario-template
- Quick follow up on user taxonomy
- Other topics?
- Nadine A, Josh L, Steve B, Lionel M, Erin R, Robert T, Manfred M, Simone G
- Energy group is going to a set of WMS and WPS services. What would
the best approach be for registration.
- Direct registration - reference online
catalog - CSW or WAF
- Use of a catalog subset, e.g. from
- WAF works most easily, but creates a
number of maintenance issues.
- Manfred - Inspire compliant catalog
for Austria "inspires"
- Josh - Identity and completeness
issues. A "fresh" energy catalog would provide the opportunity to work
on its federation interface to GEOSS
- gmd:parentID is a candidate, but is
used elsewhere for identifying dataseries, so still ambiguous
- Nadine: are there a small number of
GEOSS additional elements we can ask for, whether they are also part of
- Steve: can we define a standalone
GEOSS record and then have community catalogs register mappings from
their available elements?
- Josh: the variety of registration
paths are going to continue to cause problems. Would it be possible to
work towards only registering catalogs / metadata sources with the CSR?
- Energy should work towards a CSW-based
community catalog to register in the CSR
- We should establish a GEOSS record
which facilitates federation, regardless of particular standards.
- Catalog providers should then be
tasked with registering mappings from their record holdings to the GEOSS
- Defer metadata links discussion (child
- parent, service - data, data - service) to next week