posted Jun 4, 2010, 5:35 AM by Joshua Lieberman
updated Jun 7, 2010, 8:13 AM
Josh Lieberman, Greg Yetman, Steve Browdy, Erin
Robinson, Doug Nebert
- Processing & Workflow use case
- Additional use cases: Sensor Tasking,
- Other issues
Quality - Relevance of QA4EO documents
- Aspects of Data
- Data Quality Status
- Data Quality methodology
- Measures of suitability for applications
Quality indicator (index for representative applications)
(3rd party, citations, and cross-calibration)
- GEOSS Common
- Queryable status - what has been done,
but not the result.
- Returnable indicator - not yet a
consensus on whether this is generally feasible.
documentation, e.g. uncertainties and derivation, that we hope a more
detailed ISO framework will be developed for.
- There are QA/QC practices mandated or agreed to,
but little consistency in documenting this in standard metadata
it difficult to take those practices across communities unless one digs
into the practice documentation
- Should these be published in
community catalogs but not necessarily harvested?
operation: Converts harvested content as possible to ISO 19115 / 19119
metadata records in 19139 XML encoding.
- Still important to
promulgate GEOSS Common Record (largely as an ISO profile?) to encourage
values for those parameters to be defined.
- Defining a GCR
record type in geonetwork as a reliable set of queryable parameters?
Should look at the current capabilities to see what needs to be
developed in terms of queryables. Result sets themselves are pretty
flexible, being XSLT-based.
- Processing, workflow, and
modeling use case
- Perhaps need a survey of usage in the
present scenarios to be followed up by an ad hoc telecon to determine
what a common use case may be.
- Processing and modeling use
cases seem to have increased importance.
- Josh: Proposal to look
- Workflow - transformation of control
- Processing -
transformation of data
- Modeling - transformation of quality /
confidence / power
- AIP-2 - looked at documenting "canned"
workflows. Does AIP-3 need more transparent / dynamic workflows.
- contingent processing may be an important intermediate step, e.g. an
established workflow, but with decision points (e.g. to alert or not to
alert, process or not process).
- Notifications - OWS-7
making some progress in defining an event service / interface across
different types of content & service standards.
- check out the clearinghouse capabilities.
- Josh - look at data
quality status practices for a consensus (?!)
- Greg - quick look
through developed scenarios for processing / workflow / modeling steps
- look for a presentation of the event service from Johannes at an
upcoming plenary or e2e call.
Dimdim & Telecon Info: http://my.dimdim.com/joshlieberman / Tel 702-473-3463 passcode 567454#
Google Docs: http://docs.google.com/a/aip3.ogcnetwork.net/Doc?docid=0AdIZtVKX1yn2ZDV6N3FmNF80Y3h6aHZyZmQ&hl=en