- Leverage the Use Case from the NetMar project, discuss with the group how the NetMar goals to improve visualisation and analysis tools, can provide some guidance for GEOSS (as best practices).
- Anticipated discussions in oct-nov, and further inputs from PML, for the AIP-3 DHWG engineering report.
AttendeesPeter Walker – PML
Jorge Mendes de Jesus – PML
Hervé Caumont – OGC / ERDAS
- related from recent discussions that the NetMar project (FP7) is very keen to stay involved within AIP, and Jorge de Jesus will still be working on the current WPS devs until end december.
- This PML work on WPS is aimed basically at handling processings to combine and compare satellite time series with in situ and model data.
- presented the status of the AIP-3 schedule, the completion of the demo captures for the GEO VII Plenary, and the upcoming phase of writing the AIP-3 Engineering reports.
- Examples from AIP-2 were showcased, like the use case template, and the mapping of the components supporting the scenario implemantion to the GEOSS Common Infrastructure building blocks.
- presented the wiki page of the ongoing PyWPS developments, the proposed WSDL interface description, the contribution to the recent FOSS4G meeting, and some discussions on the OGC WPS list.
- This work will be completed with topics like W*S orchestration, and inclusion of uncertainty measurements (in collaboration with Aston Univ.)
- At present, code is online, documentation is well advanced and still ongoing, and a demo is envisionned shortly.
- summarized the main topics to be addressed for the DH WG Engineering Report (QA4EO, uncertainty management, GIGAS results…).
- confirmed also interest from PML with regard to QA4EO and quality measurements related to satellite imagery.