Career and Technical Education
Commercial Art is an occupation concerned with designing and promoting products or services. Avanti students will create their own art products, develop a business around their products and promote them at the Avanti Student Showcase.
Students will also provide service to the school in a variety of ways…logo design, posters, bulletin boards etc.
· Painting- choose from these mediums; acrylic, watercolor, water soluble oils
· Drawing- pencil, pen and ink, charcoal, pastel, chalk
· Design- choose a variety of media or computer design
· Pottery-both hand built or the wheel
· Photography-black and white processing or digital with computer manipulation (Students need permission from the teacher)
· Jewelry- silver fabrication
· Glass-both stained glass or fused glass
· Airbrush- basic skills, freehand and frisket stencil (Students need permission from the teacher)
· Art Studio- for advanced (Students need permission from the teacher)
ü Students will keep a sketchbook, keep a record of supplies/materials used and evaluate each project.
ü Project evaluations will include a written statement and a photograph of the art piece (e-mailed to the teacher) .