Meadstead Primary Academy is a place that is exciting and welcoming to all. Our children and families are the heart of everything we do and we aim to inspire, nurture and give confidence to improve. We set high standards and promote a collaborative approach to making our children positive members within our local and wider communities.
We encourage all children to be:
- Emotionally resilient
- Reflective learners
- Inquisitive philosophers
- Creative thinkers
- Team Players
The academy will:
- Ensure that the children and their families are at the heart of all curriculum development.
- Ensure that every pupil leaves the academy at the end of Yr 6 with the sufficient skills in reading, writing and maths to be able to access their secondary curriculum.
- Ensure that every pupil has an appreciation of all curriculum subjects and has had an opportunity to direct their own learning in line with their interests through the delivery of a creative curriculum.
- Ensure that every pupil has the highest aspirations and expectations for themselves and understands the importance of effort in achieving these.
- Work to ensure that every pupil understands how to keep themselves as healthy and safe as possible.
- Work to ensure that every pupil learns how to conduct themselves well in both formal and informal social settings and understands the importance of following rules.
- Work to ensure that every pupil has an understanding of the skills needed to be a good learner and is able to demonstrate and explain a number of these.
Academy Values - the Academy encourages the following five core values throughout every aspect of the school day and expects every child to be: