Also, it is always great to have extra hands in the art room. Take a look at the schedule to see when your child has art and if you are available, we would love to see you come in to help out.
Albert Einstein Elementary Academy has teamed up with Artsonia, http://www.artsonia.com/ , the world's largest online kid's art museum, to display the student's artwork. Anyone can view the school gallery by grade level, or by specific exhibits, http://www.artsonia.com/schools/AlbertEinstein5. Albert Einstein students join thousands of students from over 130 countries whose artwork is showcased on Artsonia. All of Artsonia's artwork (12 million and counting!) are viewable online. Artsonia provides online features such as fan clubs and personal guestbooks, as a way for families to encourage the creativity and imaginations of their young artists. In addition, family members can purchase keepsakes imprinted with the child's artwork, with Artsonia donating 20% of their annual product revenue back to school art programs. Look for your child to bring home their personal id and security key and activate your portfolio and get involved!
ART ROOM WISH LIST
cleansing wipes or baby wipes
single hole punchers
magazines(cooking, art, sports, fashion, home and garden, furniture, animals)
small plastic containers (ex. salsa, butter, sour cream, yogurt, whip cream)
wood scraps (on the small side or 1/4 or 1/2 inch plywood sheets)
shoe box lids
Take some time and visit the art museums in Balboa Park:
San Diego Museum of Art http://www.sdmart.org/
Mingei International Museum http://www.mingei.org/
Timken Museum of Art http://www.timkenmuseum.org
The Museum of Photographic Arts http://www.mopa.org/
San Diego Art Institute (SDAI): Museum of the Living Artist http://www.sandiego-art.org/
While you are there, take a stroll through the Spanish Art Village http://www.spanishvillageart.com/ where you can see local artists in their working studios.
As well as Balboa Park, there are lots of places to go and see art around San Diego:
Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego has locations downtown and in La Jolla http://www.mcasd.org/
The New Children's Museum is downtown http://www.thinkplaycreate.org/
California Center for the Arts is in Escondido http://www.artcenter.org/
La Jolla village is filled with art galleries
Canon Art Gallery is in La Costa http://www.carlsbadca.gov/services/departments/cultural/Pages/william-d-cannon-art-gallery.aspx
Ray at Night is an event that happens every second Saturday of the month in North Park from 6-9 where there is a wide variety of artwork on display and galleries open for you to stroll through. http://www.rayatnight.com/
10 Lessons that the ARTS teach
1. The arts teach children to make good judgments about qualitative relationships.
2. The arts teach children that problems can have more than one solution
3. The arts celebrate multiple perspectives.
4. The arts teach children that in complex forms of problem solving
5. The arts make vivid the fact that neither words in their literal form nor numbers exhaust what we can know. The limits of our language do not define the limits of our cognition.
6. The arts teach students that small differences can have large effects.
7. The arts teach students to think through and within a material.
8. The arts help children learn to say what cannot be said.
9. The arts enable us to have experience we can have from no other source
10. The arts' position in the school curriculum symbolizes to the young