Federal Government Mobile Policy & Resources
Mobile Market Research and Reports
Books on Mobile Learning and Performance Support
Mobile Learning Reports & Guides
- International Journal of Interactive Mobile Technologies (iJIM) - The objective of the journal is to publish and discuss fundamentals, applications and experiences in the field of interactive mobile technologies in learning and teaching as well as in industrial and other applications. (Open access journal - no charge, but registration is required.)
- International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning (IJMBL) - Provides researchers, practitioners, and academicians with insight into a wide range of topics such as knowledge sharing, mobile games for learning, collaborative learning, and e-learning, this journal contains useful articles for those seeking to learn, analyze, improve, and apply technologies in mobile and blended learning.
- International Journal of Mobile Learning and Organisation (IJMLO) - IJMLO is a refereed, multidisciplinary journal for bridging the latest advances in mobile learning and organisation.
- International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning (IRRODL) - a refereed, e-journal to advance research, theory, and practice in open and distance learning worldwide.
Scholarly Research Studies & Papers
- Proceedings from the 12th World Conference on Mobile and Contextual Learning (2013) Papers from the IAMLEARN conference hosted by the College of the North Atlantic in Qatar.
- Mobile Authoring of Open Educational Resources as Reusable Learning Objects (2013) This paper presented the tool that allows learners to create OER on a mobile device to be shared with learning community, and a framework for for assembly and creation of OER.
- Towards a Method for Mobile Learning Design (2013) This paper unifies existing theories into a method for mobile learning design that can be generalized across mobile learning applications.
- Merging MOOC and mLearning for Increased Learner Interactions (2013) In this paper, the authors suggest the merger of the Massively Open Online Course (MOOC) format and mobile learning (mLearning) based on mutual affordances of both contemporary learning/teaching formats to investigate learner interactions and dialogues in an open online course.
- Mobile Learning: Not Just Another Delivery Method (2012) This paper summarizes a review of literature and a state-of-the-art assessment of instructional design principles, iterative process methodologies, and pedagogical models for mobile learning.
- A Study of Mobile Learning Trends at the US Naval Academy and the Naval Postgraduate School -(2012) In this research, the authors assess these trends via a survey of undergraduate and graduate students at the U.S. Naval Academy (USNA) and the Naval Postgraduate School (NPS).
- The Pedagogy of Mobile Learning In Supporting Distance Learners (2012) The aim of this paper is to investigate the pedagogic approach that best support effective use of cell phones in the distance education context.
- From eLearning to mLearning: The Effectiveness of Mobile Course Delivery (2011) This paper covers the challenges and broad concerns pertaining to mLearning course delivery in military education and training.
- Universal instructional design principles for mobile learning (2011) The report extends a previous analysis of universal instructional design principles in distance education by applying them to the design of mobile learning.
- A pedagogical framework for mobile learning: Categorizing educational applications of mobile technologies into four types (2011) This paper compares mobile learning (m-learning) with electronic learning (e-learning) and ubiquitous learning (u-learning) and describe the technological attributes and pedagogical affordances of mobile learning presented in previous studies.
- Mobile learning via SMS at Open University Malaysia (2011) This article describes Open University Malaysia’s efforts at enhancing the blended learning approach for undergraduate distance learners with the successful implementation of the Mobile Learning via SMS initiative.
- Spacing Learning Over Time (2006) This paper describes the spacing effect, which is one of the most reliable findings in the learning research, but it is, unfortunately, one of the least utilized learning methods in the workplace learning field.
- A Model for Framing Mobile Learning (2009) This paper proposes a Framework for the Rational Analysis of Mobile Education (FRAME) model for describing mobile learning as a process resulting from the convergence of mobile technologies, social interaction, and human learning capabilities.
- Defining, Discussing and Evaluating Mobile Learning (2007) - This paper explores and articulates issues specifically in the context of the wider and sustained development of mobile learning.
- Directions for m-learning research to enhance active learning (2007)
- Abilene Christian University Mobile Learning Research (2011)
Mobile Learning Portals Websites, and Wikis
- mLearnopedia - One of the first mobile learning portals, includes aggregated news by Judy Brown.
- Mobile Learning infoKit - Wiki with links to JISC and other mobile learning resources since 2007.
- Mobile Learning Portal from The University of Texas at Austin - This section includes journals, initiatives, policies, and other resources which may be of benefit for curriculum developers and teachers.
Mobile Technology Reviews and Trends
Associations, Groups, Projects, and Initiatives