are now available online under the "Reports and Budgets" tab.
Three Action Teams are being formed, one for each of the foundational goals. Action Teams will be developing the strategic actions or objectives to reach each foundational goal, along with the measurement tools we’ll use to assess our progress towards meeting and exceeding these goals. More information on the specific charge of the Action Teams can be found on the attached sheet.
The Action Teams will be comprised of 6-8 members. Members of the Action Teams will have solid background knowledge of the foundational goal area they are in charge of, in order to build a strategic plan that enables us to work effectively, collaboratively, and efficiently towards greater student success.
If you are interested in participating on an Action Team, please follow the process outlined in the attached document. Applications are due to the ACSU office by January 21, 2015.
Thanks to the entire ACSU community for taking part in the first phase of our ACSU Strategic Plan, developing a new ACSU vision and mission. It was a testament to our strong community involvement to see so many of you come out to speak to your deep commitment in providing the best for our students.
The ACSU Executive Committee has officially ratified our new ACSU Vision and Mission statements. These statements will now be used to craft our foundational goals for the years ahead, from which we will be building the work of our ACSU Strategic Plan.
ACSU Vision Statement:
All students will reach their full academic potential and be prepared for success as engaged citizens.
ACSU Mission Statement:
Our mission is to provide an innovative, rigorous, and supportive educational community that inspires a passion for learning and cultivates empathy and responsibility.
I look forward to continuing to work together throughout the strategic plan and beyond, to support all students in reaching their full academic potential and preparing them for success as engaged citizens!
The ACSU strategic plan will take place during the 2014-2015 school year. This critical process will enable our supervisory union to assess our educational outcomes and build a vision and direction as we create greater opportunities for our students. The ACSU Strategic Plan Steering Committee will oversee the strategic plan and serve as a representative group to steward our
Please respond to the following two questions in order to be considered for the steering committee (200 words)
1. Why do you want to be a steering committee member?
2. What specific leadership qualities do you possess that would benefit the Steering Committee in its work to engage the community and develop a coherent direction for ACSU?
Steering Committee Specifics Charge
• Leadership to ensure coherence in ACSU’s work in reaching our vision/mission through the development of a strategic plan
• Analysis of ACSU current state - systems evaluation and impact of new mission/vision statement on those systems
• Develop Action Team process and charges
• Develop final strategic plan for implementation 15-16
Community - parents, business, higher ed (3)
Membership Selection Process - application to superintendent
• 1⁄2 day meeting per month
• Representation at community events and board meetings as needed
• Full-day retreat in November to set up action teams
Scope of work
• Year-long length of service
Level of authority/decision making
• Advisory to the superintendent
Please send your application responses to:
49 Charles Ave.
Middlebury, VT 05753
via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
is now available online. Locate the report under the "ACSU Study Committee" section of the "Reports and Budgets" tab.
1-5 of 5