Welcome to Carol Palmer's website for Geometry and Honors Geometry classes.
While this site is used primarily by current students to obtain their homework assignments, it is open to them for resource support; to parents to review the course description, syllabi, contact information, and check for test dates; and to others if they find anything of interest.
Summary Biography of Carol
Education: Acadia University, M.Ed in Secondary Mathematics, 1993-1996.
West Chester University. BS in Health & P.E., 1968-1972
Hanover Senior High, Hanover, PA, 1968-1972
Employment: Abington Friends School, 1973-present
Presently: Math Dept. Chair, teacher, DAC faculty rep., GSA sponsor, 11th grade advisory team
Previously: AFSEP Director, Athletic Director, coach, H&PE Dept. Chair, Grade Dean
Kennett Consolidated School District, Kennett Square, PA, 1972-1973, teacher & coach
Philosophy of Education: * To provide a safe, optimum learning environment for all students based on mutual respect and Quaker principles.
* To develop logical inductive reasoning skills using the course content.
* To impart knowledge of the theorems and postulates of geometry in a hands-on, real world approach.
* To meet students where they are, and take them as far as they can go in critical thinking and computation skills.
* To provide daily challenge without overwhelming.
* To develop an appreciation for and understanding of the discipline of geometry so that it can be correctly applied.