The safety of all of our community is paramount and the rules and guidelines are written to try to ensure this. Vehicles must be registered and have a Car Pass sticker in order to enter the school premises.
During the annual on-line registration process, parents enter information about the vehicles in which students will be taken to school. This information can be updated at any time.
Car Pass Stickers:
A decal/sticker is issued, on request, to parents and staff. This is obtained from either the Cashier (by the Front Desk) or Lower Primary for new Lower Primary parents only.
A form is completed which gives details of the number plate, car make and model, and type of vehicle.
On joining the school the first sticker is free, subsequent stickers are charged at $1 each. Please note that we operate a free exchange system - bring in your old sticker from the car you are disposing of and we shall give you a replacement free of charge, on the completion of the form with the new details.
Parents of children in PreKinder, Kinder and Prepa are issued with a large plasticised pass. This is to enable them to enter via the main entrance before 13:30, at 12 noon, 12:30 or 13:00 accordingly.
Drop-off and Pick-up of Students:
- ABC personnel, including Duty Staff, and School Prefects, are at work ensuring the safety of all. Their instructions must be followed and we always follow up any dangerous incident or abuse of staff.
- All students must be dropped off or picked up at the appropriate location in the school. No student is to be dropped off or picked up outside of the school. A special pass for those who live close to the school is available on application, allowing the student and a named person to arrive or leave walking.
- The ABC Values and Traits include the following, which we expect all our community to demonstrate and thus act as role models for their and other's children:
- Principal Entrance (off Panamericana - marked P): open from 6:00, closed at 7am and opened only for PreKinder (12 noon), Kinder (12:30) and Prepa (13:00) pick-up, until the main pick-up time of 13:30; closed at 15:45.
- Administration Entrance (off avenida 19 norte - marked A for entrance and B for exit): open from 6:00; parking for a limited number of cars from 7:00 to 13:00.
- Ramp Entrance (off avenida 19 norte - marked R) for staff vehicles parking in the LRC basement and for "Car Full" - cars and buses with four or more ABC students being delivered; open 6:00 to 7:00 only.
- Emergency Gates: used only when required at the direction of the staff controlling traffic.
Visiting the school during the school day:
- Use ONLY the Administration Entrance for entry.
- Appointments with teachers are notified by section secretaries so that a parking space can be reserved in the Administration Entrance area.
- Visitors will need to show their ABC Identity Card or, for legitimate visits, a Visitor's Pass will be issued in exchange for official identification.
- All visitors must report to the ABC Front Desk in the Administration Area. No visitors are allowed to go directly to other parts of the school.
Remember to follow the safe driving rules:
DRIVE WITH CARE
FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS OF STAFF AND PREFECTS
DO NOT CAUSE AN OBSTRUCTION WITH YOUR VEHICLE
REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE A ROLE MODEL FOR OUR STUDENTS AND OTHER DRIVERS
INFORMATION FOR DRIVERS ON HOW TO OPTIMISE DROP-OFF and PICK-UP
AVOID PEAK TIMES
Drop-off: ARRIVE EARLY!
- The school gates open
at 6:00 am.
- Peak times are from 6:35
to 6:55 am.
- It takes around 15
minutes to circulate through the ABC at peak time.
- The LRC is open for
Secondary students from 6:30 am.
Pick-up Secondary students outside of peak times:
- Peak times in the
afternoon: from 1:50 to 2:15 pm and from 3:00 pm to 3:20 pm.
- Pick up Secondary
students after 2:15 pm or after 3:20 pm.
- The LRC is open until
4:00 pm for reading, studying and doing homework.
- Note that this
suggestion does not apply to Primary students.
DO NOT OBSTRUCT OTHERS
NOT ARRIVE EARLY
Students’ going home
- 12:00 noon PreKinder;
12:30 Kinder; 1:00 pm Prepa
- 1:30 pm: 1st
to 5th grade
- 1:50pm: 6th
to 12th grade
- 3:00 pm and after:
- DO NOT ARRIVE BEFORE
- Do not queue on the
approach roads before these times.
- Arriving early and
queuing obstructs the entrances for others who are picking up from earlier
going home times or from Sala Cuna.
Do not park on the road outside the gates.
- Keep traffic flowing.
- Do not put yourself
or your car at risk.
Do not obstruct the drop-off and pick-up areas.
- Drive to the end –
make use of all the drop-off and pick-up area.
DROP-OFF / PICK-UP
SAFELY BUT QUICKLY
Do not keep others waiting – drop off and pick
up safely but quickly.
Develop independence! Do not park and walk in with your
Picking up students:
- Arrange with your
child exactly where and when you will pick up.
- If s/he has caused
you to wait, find out why and do not accept any excuses.
- Staff will do their
utmost not to delay any student at picking up time.
- After classes students are allowed to use their mobile phones.
Remember to follow
the safe driving rules:
üDRIVE WITH CARE
üFOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS OF STAFF AND PREFECTS
üDO NOT CAUSE AN OBSTRUCTION WITH YOUR VEHICLE
üREMEMBER THAT YOU ARE A ROLE MODEL FOR OUR
STUDENTS AND OTHER DRIVERS
CAR POOL TO SHARE THE LOAD - USE "CAR FULL" RAMP WITH 4 OR MORE STUDENTS!