Place Value Puzzle
Use Place Value to Represent Decimals
Write five place value puzzles for your class. Use addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in your clues. Include at least five digits/place values in each puzzle’s answer.
· Divide 15 by 3. Write the result in the hundredths place.
· Multiply 2 by 10. Divide by 10. Write the result in the ones place.
· Write a digit in the tenths place that is 4 more than the digit in the hundredths place.
· Add 7 to the digit in the ones place. Write the result in the thousandths place.
· Subtract 45 from 54. Write the result in the tens place.
· Answer: 92.959 (Ninety-two and nine hundred fifty-nine thousandths)
Make a booklet to display your puzzles. Include an answer key. Put your puzzles in order from smallest to largest by answer.
Exchange your booklet with at least two different people and solve each other’s puzzles.
Place Value Puzzles Scoring Guide:
_____/ 50 Five place value puzzles
_____/ 10 Addition clues
_____/ 10 Subtraction clues
_____/ 10 Multiplication clues
_____/ 10 Division clues
_____/ 25 At least five digits/place values each
_____/ 50 Puzzle booklet
_____/ 5 In order from smallest to largest by answer
_____/ 10 Answer key
_____/ 20 Solving two classmates puzzles
_____/ 200 Total
Other resources that might help you on your project: