ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS
TC Reading and Writing are used for Grades K-5. Scholars are exposed to a variety of genres in reading as well as different writing structures. There is an even split between informational and literary texts used throughout the units. Grades K-2 also use Fundations to help build their phonemic awareness and decoding. Grades 3-5 also use I-Ready as well as Ready books in their classrooms to help them prepare for state exams.
- New York State Next Generation English Language Arts Learning Standards
- Reading Comprehension Help - worksheets for all ages
- Scholastic School Success - guides for kids in grades K-5
- Reading Tips for Parents - tips in other languages too
- Writing Tips for Parents - recommendations for parents that align to the Common Core Standards
- Writing Tips - spelling and handwriting tips too