H10 B - Week 4
January 7 - 11
Monday, January 7
- Teachers in training
Tuesday, January 8
- We're back!
- We're still in our Catcher unit, so you can still turn in assignments!
- Do it!
- Vocab warm-up:
- Pull out your vocab list!
- Use four vocab words to talk about stormy weather.
- Include a parrot.
- Grand Plan:
- Today: Group work to remind ourselves of what we're up to
- Wednesday: Socratic Seminar to dig deeper
- Thursday: notes on the end of the book
- Friday: Test on the book
- Group work on "Remember this book?"
- Write answers to your question
- Take turns explaining your answers to your group.
- Take notes on other people's questions and answers
- Develop three questions for tomorrow's Socratic Seminar
- Bonus issue to discuss tomorrow: What does it mean that Holden wants to be the catcher in the rye?
- Where is he catching?
- Are people falling?
- Who else falls?
- Robert Burns poem: "Comin' Thro' the Rye"
Wednesday, January 9
- Socratic Seminar
- a formalized academic conversation
- Have on hand
- your book
- your notes
- your questions prepared yesterday
- Within your triad, one person will speak at a time
- everyone will have the opportunity to be the speaker
Thursday, January 10
- little sheet
- what would Holden think of SEHS?
- Catcher Big Questions
- end of Catcher notes
- test tomorrow
Friday, January 11
- On a small piece of paper
- pick one of the Catcher symbols
- put it into a lunchtime at South Eugene
- Catcher test!
- Are you missing any Catcher assignments?
- yesterday's Big Questions
- study questions: Ch XX - XXVI
- Do them now!
- poetry can be turned in next week