M&A Specialist Session
Financial emigration and expat taxes - fact vs fiction
By Carmen Westermeyer
Maitland & Associates
1 x 2 hour online, interactive and engaging session
Tuesday, 4 June 2019 09:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Carmen Westermeyer CA(SA)
- 1 x 2 hour online session
- Tuesday 4 June 2019 @ 09:00
- R299 for attendance (includes handouts, copy of the recording and a certificate)
- Genres to be confirmed
There has been much written in both local and international press over the introduction of the so-called “expat tax”. It has caused much consternation amongst South African residents abroad and has resulted in many wondering if they needed to relinquish their South African passports. The aim of this session is to unpack the facts from the fiction. In this session we will cover:
- What is this expat tax and how does it impact me?
- SARS vs SARB vs Home Affairs – what does resident mean to each of them?
- The practical requirements for notifying the relevant authorities if your status changes
- Update from National Treasury and SARS with respect to the practical issues surrounding the changes to s10(1)(o)(ii)