2018/19 - REGISTRATION is now open to all: Places are limited and filling fast
Existing members of 1st Kanata Scout Group:
- From 1 May to 22 May, we accepted re-registrations exclusively for existing members of 1st Kanata Scout Group to all of our sections.
- From 23 May, registration is open to all.
- Your renewed membership will be valid for the year from 1 September to 31 August the following year; your existing membership is valid till the end of the current scouting year - 31 August so you can join in our summer program.
SIGN IN to MyScouts.ca and go to the MyFamily Tab to register. See the pdf Guide below - go straight to Step 8 - for full details.
>>> We encourage all returning and new members to register online at MyScouts.ca <<<
IRM: If you have IRM funds, please register on-line and then claim a refund; please contact the Registrar@1stKanataScouts.org to let them know that you have registered and have IRM funds to reclaim.
Need Financial Help? The scouting experience is accessible to any family in financial need. This year subsidies are available through the National office under the No One Left Behind (NOLB) program. Please visit this link before starting the online registration process. If you wish to seek additional subsidies which may be available for registration and section activities, please contact the Registrar@1stKanataScouts.org in confidence. If you intend to use the NOLB scheme, please would you let the Registrar know - you don't have to, but it does make our task a lot easier.
Scouting - powered by Volunteers. Scouting is dependent on volunteers to make it happen and as ever, we need more. Many of our volunteer scouters (uniformed adult leaders) are parents, but they don't need to be; there are many great people out there with the skills we need that don't realize we are looking for them - if you know one, send them our way. And, not all volunteers need to be scouters - we need help in many areas on a more specialist or ad-hoc basis. Right now, we have capped the size of our junior sections (Beavers and Cubs) due to a shortage of identified scouters for next year - in fact, a shortage of scouters is one of the major limitations to the growth of scouting - there is no shortage of kids that want to join. So, please consider how you might get involved - please talk to Ken at GC@1stKanataScouts.org to find out more.
Helpful Guide: There is a downloadable guide at the bottom of this page for:
- If you have never registered a child (as a participant) or yourself (as a volunteer) before with MyScouts; start at the beginning of the guide.
- If you already have a MyScouts account because you have either registered yourself or a child before, start at Step 8 of the guide.
- If you experience any issues while trying to log in or create an account, please contact the Scouts Canada Help Desk: HelpCentre@Scouts.ca
- or call: 1-888-885-3336
- For those that register Early / Spring, a full refund is available only if requested by 31 October of the same year.
- For those that register after 1 July , a full refund is available only within 45 days from date of registration or 1st meeting - whichever is earliest.
- Please let us know as soon as possible if your plans change; contact Registrar@1stKanataScouts.org
If you are interested in volunteering as a:
- Scouter (an Adult Leader)
- Member of the Just Do Crew (parent helpers for events etc)
- Member of the Bike Fix Crew (fixing up bikes for sale at our annual Bike Exchange). E-mail Bikes@1stKanataScouts.org for more information.
- Ice Rink Maintenance that helps raise some additional funds for scouting registration or activities. This is a really cool job of clearing and flooding the rinks at RMPS and SLPS once a week. E-mail Jason at IRM@1stKanataScouts.org for more information.
- Helping out at meetings etc / something else?
Then please contact the Group Commissioner - Ken at GC@1stKanataScouts.org
Any questions about 1st Kanata Scout Programs? Email our Registrar, Ken at Registrar@1stKanataScouts.org for more information.